"Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber." Proverbs 31:19 NLT

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Light & Airy - The Gallatin Scarf

We are getting some warmer weather up here in the North Woods and are looking forward to the "April showers" of which we are in need. This is a picture of the lake in our neighborhood that I took the other day on a walk.


It was a "light and airy" day with warm Spring-like temperatures and a breeze to keep it nice.

For about three weeks now, since right after the Knitting Retreat that I attended in March, I have been wearing the Gallatin Scarf. It's a free pattern on Ravalry and is really fun to make. In fact, I think I will make it again - at least once. I used Sunseeker Multis yarn by Cascade in the color ~big surprise~ Denim. It goes so well with jeans, jean dresses and skirts and anything else blue or navy. I have to be careful not to wear it all.the.time. I love it and the way it dresses up an outfit. I have since purchased 2 colors of blue jerseys shirts to wear with the scarf in the summer.

The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn. Sunseeker is DK so I don't think my scarf is quite as long as worsted would make it. But I do like the extra "airiness" (is that a word?) the DK gives it.

I don't think I remembered to take any photos while I was knitting it. I was rather driven to finish it so I could wear it as I began wearing warmer-weather clothing. But I can show you the finished product.



















I'm still working on the Ojo de Dios Shawl about which I have mentioned here, (among other posts). And I really should save the update until I am finished, which will be in just a few days, I'm thinkin'. But it is such a unique project that I'm pretty excited about it. As I've mentioned before, I'm using Tangier yarn by Cascade. And as I've said before, I don't love working with this yarn because it is only single ply and is over half silk and cotton so it wants to break and knot up easily. But when I'm finished, it will be a super shawl for summer evenings and air conditioned buildings.


Here is the picture I posted before to show how the shawl will look when finished.

So, I'm pretty pumped.

One other project to share is: ~drum-roll, please~ TA DA ----

A red door!! Okay, so I wasn't brave enough to go RED red, more like wine red. When the paint was still wet, it looked like pink red but it dried to this nice color. I like it. What color is your door?


3 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! I love your work! I entered as anonymous as I know little about blogs etc. It took me some time to figure out Facebook and I still don't know much. I've been out of the mainstream too long. Anyway, I look forward to reading your blog! And by the way, You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!! I love the door! I'd love a RED red door someday. ;o) Or teal.

    I can't wait to see the finished shawl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the encouragement of your comments.